Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New diamond tail quad in Holloween orange...

My wife and son did me huge a favor over the past weekend and picked up our new boards from a friend of mine's shop in Puerto Rico "La Ocho Surf"; sick shop that you can sometimes catch a good used Pavel off the rack or a Trinx Hawaiian Pig. The day before and the morning of the pick up, I had been hounding them hard. I hounded them to send tons of pix from every angle they could possibly come up with and send all the shots. One of the shots was this tail shot that I thought turned out pretty sweet! The shot was a bit fuzzy, but it was the best shot of my first, custom diamondtail. As the pix came through my phone, one by one, I got cell phone color tweak and the board started looking bright periwinkle/pink grapefruit. I started to freak at that point, thinking I just got my first custom HIC quad - diamondtail and it's bright pink!

Of course when I texted my family asking for a confirmation that the board is not pink and it's just my cheap-ass phone... they said "yup, it's pink alright"... my wife and son were howling with laughter after each text message I sent yelling "NOOOOOO!" I don't have anything against pink, but, pink boards were hip in the early eighties, but now? I then sent the pix to my computer and pulled them up and finally saw that my new board was Pumpkin Orange, a lot easier on the eyes than pink... Anyway, here's a shot of the latest tail to join my quiver. Sidenote~ my son picked up his new board and it was day-glow Christmas tree colored quad with black ornaments (Stars). The caption of that pic with both boards read... Merry Holloween Dad! Sweet!

tone~ out.

No comments: